Global Care is the social justice and disaster relief arm of the International Network of Churches (INC) and we exist to spread kindness and love across Australia, and around the world.[/et_pb_slide][/et_pb_fullwidth_slider][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” transparent_background=”off” allow_player_pause=”off” inner_shadow=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”off” custom_width_px=”1080px” custom_width_percent=”80%” make_equal=”off” use_custom_gutter=”off” fullwidth=”off” specialty=”off” disabled=”off” prev_background_color=”#ffffff” next_background_color=”#000000″][et_pb_row make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”off” custom_width_px=”1080px” custom_width_percent=”80%” use_custom_gutter=”off” gutter_width=”3″ allow_player_pause=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on” make_equal=”off” parallax_1=”off” parallax_method_1=”on” parallax_2=”off” parallax_method_2=”on” parallax_3=”off” parallax_method_3=”on” parallax_4=”off” parallax_method_4=”on” disabled=”off” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial”][et_pb_column type=”1_2″][et_pb_blurb title=”Who We Are” url_new_window=”off” use_icon=”off” icon_color=”#7EBEC5″ use_circle=”off” circle_color=”#7EBEC5″ use_circle_border=”off” circle_border_color=”#7EBEC5″ image=”https://globalcare.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Seeds.jpg” icon_placement=”top” animation=”top” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_icon_font_size=”off” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” disabled=”off” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial” image_max_width=”100%”]
With 85 local operations and over 2,000 volunteers helping people each week across Australia, Global Care lives out its motto of Mates Helping Mates.
Programs and activities include domestic and international disaster relief, low cost grocery stores, safe housing, property restoration projects, micro-enterprise funding, advocacy and much more!
Global Care activities have included:
- Extensive Disaster Relief work across the Queensland and New South Wales coastal regions after the devastation caused by Cyclone Debbie. Hundreds of volunteers spent several weeks working in the flood-effected areas to clean up properties, feed locals and volunteers, and assist in every way possible.
- Provisions of food for those affected in Vanuatu by Cyclone Cook, which hit the pacific nation in April 2017.
- National Others Week (NOW) annual campaign that takes place in the first week of November and sends an important message about the Power of Kindness throughout the community. NOW has run for the past 8 years, and has been operating in 7 countries.
- Global Care – Mt Isa, during National Others Week in 2016, saw their army of volunteers clean up a vast number of properties, receiving accolades from the Mayor and local businesses.
- The launch of the Global Care Graze ‘n’ Grill BBQ Trailer in 2017 that has already fed many people affected by natural disasters, and supported a number of important community events.
- Ride to Provide fundraising cycle expeditions including a group of Global Care cyclists riding 2300km from Tweed Heads, NSW, to The Twelve Apostles VIC, raising $27,000 for the work of Global Care.
- Continued Disaster Response in Vanuatu in the aftermath of Cyclone Pam, providing food, building materials, construction and labour.
- Disaster response to the Kilmore Bush Fires in 2014.
- Disaster response to the NSW Blue Mountains bush fires in 2013.
- Record-breaking blood drives for the Red Cross Blood Bank (on one occasion involving 600 people and seven blood vans).
- Provision of groceries and resources through numerous ‘Low-cost food distribution centres,’ and ‘soup kitchens’ for the homeless, assisting many thousands of people with emergency food and other resources.
- Disaster Response to Cyclone Winston in Fiji, which involved Global Care sending three shipping containers of food, tools, building supplies, medical supplies and educational material to the people of Fiji.
- The expanding supply of medical equipment by Global Care Africa to multiple countries across the African Continent.
International Network of Churches (INC), launched Global Care out of its former banner of Christian Outreach Centre, in 1996. Since it’s inception, Global Care activities have made a significant difference to thousands of individuals and communities, drawing accolade from police and emergency services, the Governor-General, and Federal and State political leaders.
Global Care is best known for its volunteer army in their trademark blue T-shirts, who have proved themselves reliable and invaluable in the aftermath of significant Australian natural disasters.
But Global Care provides so much more than disaster relief, with our 85 local operations responding to the specific needs of people within their communities. While the activities vary across Australia, the focus of every Global Care is united by mateship.
Global Care has a heart of kindness and generosity, and a intrinsic focus on mates helping mates. This is the week-in, week-out faithful work of this organisation and our incredible volunteers.[/et_pb_blurb][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]